I have over 5 years experience doing user & usability research, including
- Card sorting and naming exercises clarifying appropriate nomenclature and information architecture.
- Heuristic evaluations focusing on information organization and usability heuristics.
- Interviews of project stakeholders, eliciting information around process, lessons learned, concerns and advice. Many of these have involved understanding content production processes, including bottlenecks and duplication of effort.
- Meeting moderation to elicit goals & requirements, brainstorm ideas and gather feedback to designs.
- Surveys gathering feedback around use, usefulness, and importance.
- Usability studies looking at search behaviour, task completion and the usability of websites and web apps.
- Workplace studies looking at technology use and change preparedness.
I also have nearly 10 years of experience supporting research as well as analyzing and presenting results. I have worked with a variety of software, including Access, Excel, Morae, NVivo, R, and SPSS.