I have over 7 years experience leading user research, including
- Card sorting and naming exercises clarifying appropriate nomenclature and information architecture.
- Focus groups to better understand user journeys, preferences and motivations.
- Heuristic evaluations focusing on content, information organization and usability heuristics.
- Interviews of project stakeholders, eliciting information around process, lessons learned, concerns and advice. Many of these have involved understanding content production processes, including bottlenecks and duplication of effort.
- Surveys gathering feedback around preferences, use, usefulness, and importance.
- Usability studies looking at search behaviour, task completion and the usability of websites and web apps.
- Workplace observation studies looking at technology use and change preparedness.
- Workshops eliciting goals & priorities, prototyping ideas and gather feedback to designs.
I also have nearly 15 years of experience supporting research as well as analyzing and presenting results.